Our SoundCloud Page (https://soundcloud.com/phnom-penh-underground) continues to blaze the way for the DJ scene in Cambodia – we’re up to over 5000 listens (and almost 1000 in last month alone) which is amazing for one of the smallest clubbing capitals in the world.
We’ve now got 50 awesome mixes from DJs active on the Cambodia scene, going all the way across the musical spectrum – from DnB to Techno, from House to HipHop and all points between.
We’ve had listeners from over 50 countries- from UK to USA and UAE to Trinidad, which just shows the recognition that the Cambodian Underground scene (and it’s fantastic DJs) is getting from all over the world
So, without any further ado, here’s the Top 10 (based on number of plays) for September 2014!
1. Its was their 3rd birthday, so its only fitting that the Kimchi Collective are number 1 this month!
2.Showing us how its done with a broken beat selection is Advisor “Best DJ” nominee, Alan Ritchie
3. Sir Alan continues his hold on the charts with this superb mix of Deep Detroit Soul
4. Holding steady at number 4 is well known House Terrorist, Lord Nick Chandler
5. One of our most popular ever mixes comes from that man FunkElastiks with the sound of the Full Moon Party!
6. Continuing his hold on the charts, Alan Ritchie comes correct with another classic, (our number one mix of all time).
7. The first lady of Phnom Penh, Donabelle graced us with an amazingly deep debut coming straight in at number 7
9. Mr Lefty Stryker shows us what proper house should sound like with this barnstorming mix…
10. Last but certainly not least, Possum represents Siem Reap with some minimal techno goodness!
Remember, you can hear all of our mixes on Soundcloud…or just by clicking below!